RESEARCH WORK UNDERGOING:
- DBT Project: Streptococcus pneumoniae and Hemophilus influenzae serotype distribution and antibiotic resistance in isolates from pediatric pneumonia cases in Assam. Prof(Dr). Uttara Borkotoki (Co-PI), Dr. Purnima Barua (Co-I), Prof(Dr). Pranabjit Biswanath(Co-I), Dr. Angshurekha Das(Co-I).
- DHR, ICMR : Viral Research Diagnostic Laboratory (VRDL Project), Purnima Barua (PI).
- DBT Project: Generating awareness and assessing the magnitude of Paragonimiasis in Nagaland, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram, Prof(Dr). Mihir Kr Goswami (PI), Dr. Purnima Barua (Co – PI)
- ICMR Project: Vaginal infection and its risk factors among women of reproductive age group with special reference to tea garden workers of Upper Assam: case control study, Purnima Barua (PI), Prof(Dr). Uttara Borkotoki (Co-PI), Dr. Pranabika Mahanta (Co-PI).
- ICMR Project Molecular Characterization of Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) infection prevalent in below 5 year of hospitalized children in tertiary care hospital, Jorhat, Assam. Manab Narayan Baruah (PI), Dr. Purnima Barua (Co-I), Prof(Dr). Pranabjit Biswanath.
- WHO Project: Sentinel surveillance of Influenza and avian flu in SARI cases. Purnima Barua (Co-PI)
- Besides, a multicentric project on hand hygiene audit in COVID CARE locations has also started from 1stJune,2021