Welcome to the Department of Pathology at Jorhat medical college and hospital, a community of clinical pathologists and researchers committed to excellence in patient care, research, and medical and graduate education.
Since the beginning of this great institution, the mission of the Department of Pathology is to produce medical graduates, post graduates & health related personnel who are able to link the cause and effects of disease and to apply this knowledge in providing optimal patient care to the individual and the community with competence, compassion and care.
- To achieve excellent standards in teaching and training of medical undergraduates, post graduates and medical laboratory trainees.
- To provide diagnostic services and conduct research in histopathology, cytopathology haematology.
- To provide 24X7 blood bank services.
- To be a referral centre for histopathogy, cytopathology and haematology diagnosis.
- To play a leading role a provision of continuing professional development in pathology.
- To guide policy formulation regarding the training of pathologists, health related personnel and delivery of diagnostic services, in keeping with the health needs of the region.
- To develop and sustain quality assurance in education and diagnostic services in the field of pathology.
- To create an environment of shared responsibility and team spirit, whilst recognizing the need for individual development